Thursday, May 1, 2008

DECISIONS

in our daily life, a lot of things happens around us... and most of the times whether at work, at home or at places we go to there are decision that need to be made...

i remember when i was working as a project engineer in charge of a major project in Mindanao... there was an incident that needs major decision but i was 100 km. away from my home office. and there were no phone available in the site, my two way radio wasn't working because i am in the middle of a ridge... t

i know that if i don't make the decision right there and then, it may mean the whole project, so i made the up my mind and told myself that if not now it will be never, making that decision proves to be worthy as it eventually made a great headway on the project.... fortunately before the day was over the owner of the company that i worked with arrived on site to visit us and check on progress after a month from his last visit, he was really surprised of the progress, he asked me who authorized me to proceed with out discussing it with him... i told him i authorized myself because i can't reached him....

i thought he will be angry because it wasn't what we agreed before, but was surprised to be told that there is really no wrong decision, depending on the situation at hand you need to make up your mind and at that time it is the best decision... and was glad that i made it rather than loosing thousands of pesos in indemnities....

to date, i still tell myself that have i not made up my mind to be decisive, i will not be where i am right now...

quote to live by,
Wherever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. - Peter Drucker

2 comments:

Yesha said...

i agree. with you and the quote. lol.

cenen said...

thanks autums... nie to know that someonse hares my thought nad opinion... :)